[content-section title=’Advanced Academy in association with Crystal Palace FC’]
- Development centre in association with Crystal Palace FC
- This is an advanced coaching programme offering extensive support for players aged 8 -15 years old.
- It covers the key areas of technical, tactical, physical and psychological development.
- There will also be positional specific play using 7v7, 8V8 and 9v9 game formats.
- It is managed by Jim Lowther(former player development advisor Crystal Palace FC Academy , coach at Charlton FC and Wimbledon FC Academies).
- To gain entry to the Soccer Steps Advanced Academy, each player is required to complete a practical trial that has been developed to test each individual?s ability. Players may also be invited after coaching staff observed them play club or representative football.
- The content of these sessions mirrors the work carried out by Academies in England.
- There will also be workshops delivered by sports professionals and practical sessions on sport psychology, nutrition, strength and conditioning.
- All players will be provided with systematic feedback on their progress throughout the season.
- There will be an end of season trip to a tournament to play players of similar ability.
- This programme will run from September 2020 to June 2021.
- Each session will be 90 mins long.